LANSING – Can the state’s construction industry expect a repeal of the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act this year? ..
AFL-CIO's Trumka: To avoid an 'ass-kicking,' labor needs to step up its political outreach, big-time
DETROIT – Passage of Michigan’s right-to-work law in 2012 by Gov. Rick Snyder and the Republican Legislature “shivered the timbers of every union in every state,” said AFL-CIO President Rich Trumka. ..
If you listen to FOX news, the angry billionaires, and most of the Republican politicians, you’d think that middle class Americans and poor Americans are public enemies. ..
LANSING – Michigan AFL-CIO President Karla Swift provided MIRS News Service with some of organized labor’s perspective concerning the Nov. 4 election. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll