WASHINGTON - The year-end clock is ticking for the so-called "Do-Nothing Congress," and building trades pension plan stakeholders are among those pressing for federal lawmakers to follow a labor-management plan to help more multi-employer pension plans stay solvent. ..
The construction industry in Michigan didn’t have a good October, but it has had a pretty good year. ..
ANN ARBOR – Michigan’s construction industry is expected to add 18,000 jobs over the next two years, more than double the 4,300 industry jobs added in the 12 months leading up to October 2014. ..
DETROIT – Since the city’s street pattern was laid out in the 1830s, Woodward Avenue has, over the years, gone from being a dirt trail to being platted, planked, bricked, widened and paved. ..
Thanksgiving Day is a holiday where family and friends gather together and express gratitude for everything in their lives. But those who work at Walmart have little to be thankful for, at least when it comes to their employment. ..
All of the structural steel is up – the last of about 10,000 tons – creating the framework for the massive new GM Flint Assembly Paint Shop. ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved