LANSING – The Michigan Supreme Court on Jan. 30 agreed to hear testimony on whether public employees are covered by a state’s right-to-work law which was adopted in December 2012. ..
WASHINGTON – Another effort to revive benefits for long-term unemployed Americans failed in the U.S. Senate on Feb. 6, with a successful Republican-backed filibuster. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI)—By a 3-2 party line vote on Feb. 4, the National Labor Relations Board proposed rules to change union election procedures, making elections less liable to delay and more transparent. Union leaders welcomed the NLRB’s proposals. The Right Wing House GOP and the National Retail Federation screamed. ..
Consumers Energy announced Jan. 30 that it has placed an indefinite hold on construction of a proposed 700-megawatt natural gas-fired generating plant in Thetford Twp. near Flint. ..
KALAMAZOO – “Let’s stop talking about electing people who support organized labor. Let’s start talking about electing me, because I am organized labor.” ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll