LANSING – Are you among the Michigan voters who haven’t yet tuned into this year’s Michigan race for governor? Not familiar with the Democratic challenger to incumbent Gov. Rick Snyder? ..
Mark Schauer for Governor: I believe we need a governor who will understand the value of union labor'
They said it: time to ‘set an agenda for working people’ ..
LANSING – Although it never came to a vote, the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act of 1965 was probably close to being overturned during the same lame-duck legislative session in December 2012 that saw passage of the state’s right-to-work law. ..
LANSING – A state bill that would impose daily fines of $1,000 on individuals and $10,000 on labor organizations for violations of new, more restrictive picketing regulations was shelved – for now – by state lawmakers on Feb. 25. ..
Fred Veigel, an IBEW Local 252 member and long-time Huron Valley Central Labor Council president, passed away on March 2, 2014. He was 84. ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan