LANSING – Are you among the Michigan voters who haven’t yet tuned into this year’s Michigan race for governor? Not familiar with the Democratic challenger to incumbent Gov. Rick Snyder? ..
Mark Schauer for Governor: I believe we need a governor who will understand the value of union labor'
They said it: time to ‘set an agenda for working people’ ..
LANSING – Although it never came to a vote, the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act of 1965 was probably close to being overturned during the same lame-duck legislative session in December 2012 that saw passage of the state’s right-to-work law. ..
LANSING – A state bill that would impose daily fines of $1,000 on individuals and $10,000 on labor organizations for violations of new, more restrictive picketing regulations was shelved – for now – by state lawmakers on Feb. 25. ..
Fred Veigel, an IBEW Local 252 member and long-time Huron Valley Central Labor Council president, passed away on March 2, 2014. He was 84. ..
- 'What's not at stake?' Looming general election offers workers a chance to finally bring change
- Report stings Schuette for suing to deny OT money for Michigan
- Trades erecting hotel for Saganing Eagles casino
- Forced layoff ends, Operators back on road projects
- Contractors squeezed by material costs, tariffs, worker shortages
- From the ashes, union brotherhood arises to benefit stricken Boilermaker
- News Briefs
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone