LANSING – Are you among the Michigan voters who haven’t yet tuned into this year’s Michigan race for governor? Not familiar with the Democratic challenger to incumbent Gov. Rick Snyder? ..
Mark Schauer for Governor: I believe we need a governor who will understand the value of union labor'
They said it: time to ‘set an agenda for working people’ ..
LANSING – Although it never came to a vote, the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act of 1965 was probably close to being overturned during the same lame-duck legislative session in December 2012 that saw passage of the state’s right-to-work law. ..
LANSING – A state bill that would impose daily fines of $1,000 on individuals and $10,000 on labor organizations for violations of new, more restrictive picketing regulations was shelved – for now – by state lawmakers on Feb. 25. ..
Fred Veigel, an IBEW Local 252 member and long-time Huron Valley Central Labor Council president, passed away on March 2, 2014. He was 84. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll