LANSING – Are you among the Michigan voters who haven’t yet tuned into this year’s Michigan race for governor? Not familiar with the Democratic challenger to incumbent Gov. Rick Snyder? ..
Mark Schauer for Governor: I believe we need a governor who will understand the value of union labor'
They said it: time to ‘set an agenda for working people’ ..
LANSING – Although it never came to a vote, the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act of 1965 was probably close to being overturned during the same lame-duck legislative session in December 2012 that saw passage of the state’s right-to-work law. ..
LANSING – A state bill that would impose daily fines of $1,000 on individuals and $10,000 on labor organizations for violations of new, more restrictive picketing regulations was shelved – for now – by state lawmakers on Feb. 25. ..
Fred Veigel, an IBEW Local 252 member and long-time Huron Valley Central Labor Council president, passed away on March 2, 2014. He was 84. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction