Road-fixing funds slowly dribble out ..
DETROIT – Just in time for the start of the 2014 baseball season, the building trades this week were wrapping up a $4 million makeover of Comerica Park’s Pepsi Porch in right field. ..
One of the largest cranes in North America is operating at the Humboldt Mill, which is the largest construction employer in the state. ..
WASHINGTON – While polls show the American public is slowly warming to the Affordable Care Act, union leaders continue to have little stomach for it. ..
LANSING – Multiemployer pension plans such as those that cover the building trades unions are in better financial positions compared to the dark, dark economic times of the U.S. economy in 2009. But there has been little momentum toward improvement of funds since 2011. ..
WASHINGTON – North America’s Building Trades Unions President Sean McGarvey said “the stars are now aligned for us” to improve market share through alliances with the business community that strive for cooperation, collaboration and inclusion. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll