Road-fixing funds slowly dribble out ..
DETROIT – Just in time for the start of the 2014 baseball season, the building trades this week were wrapping up a $4 million makeover of Comerica Park’s Pepsi Porch in right field. ..
One of the largest cranes in North America is operating at the Humboldt Mill, which is the largest construction employer in the state. ..
WASHINGTON – While polls show the American public is slowly warming to the Affordable Care Act, union leaders continue to have little stomach for it. ..
LANSING – Multiemployer pension plans such as those that cover the building trades unions are in better financial positions compared to the dark, dark economic times of the U.S. economy in 2009. But there has been little momentum toward improvement of funds since 2011. ..
WASHINGTON – North America’s Building Trades Unions President Sean McGarvey said “the stars are now aligned for us” to improve market share through alliances with the business community that strive for cooperation, collaboration and inclusion. ..
Mark Schauer for Governor: I believe we need a governor who will understand the value of union labor'
LANSING – Are you among the Michigan voters who haven’t yet tuned into this year’s Michigan race for governor? Not familiar with the Democratic challenger to incumbent Gov. Rick Snyder? ..
They said it: time to ‘set an agenda for working people’ ..
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?
- ‘New NAFTA’ draws skepticism, questions from union leaders, allies
- News Briefs
- 'What's not at stake?' Looming general election offers workers a chance to finally bring change
- Report stings Schuette for suing to deny OT money for Michigan
- Trades erecting hotel for Saganing Eagles casino