Road-fixing funds slowly dribble out ..
DETROIT – Just in time for the start of the 2014 baseball season, the building trades this week were wrapping up a $4 million makeover of Comerica Park’s Pepsi Porch in right field. ..
One of the largest cranes in North America is operating at the Humboldt Mill, which is the largest construction employer in the state. ..
WASHINGTON – While polls show the American public is slowly warming to the Affordable Care Act, union leaders continue to have little stomach for it. ..
LANSING – Multiemployer pension plans such as those that cover the building trades unions are in better financial positions compared to the dark, dark economic times of the U.S. economy in 2009. But there has been little momentum toward improvement of funds since 2011. ..
WASHINGTON – North America’s Building Trades Unions President Sean McGarvey said “the stars are now aligned for us” to improve market share through alliances with the business community that strive for cooperation, collaboration and inclusion. ..
Mark Schauer for Governor: I believe we need a governor who will understand the value of union labor'
LANSING – Are you among the Michigan voters who haven’t yet tuned into this year’s Michigan race for governor? Not familiar with the Democratic challenger to incumbent Gov. Rick Snyder? ..
They said it: time to ‘set an agenda for working people’ ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction