LANSING – More money to improve Michigan’s crumbling roads and repair its bridges seems to be on the way, as the state House on May 12 adopted a 10-bill package that adds $450 million to the Michigan Department of Transportation budget. ..
LANSING – Maybe, maybe, Michigan should raise the minimum wage. But only on the terms of the state Republican lawmakers. ..
KALAMAZOO – Michigan’s top pipe trades apprentices turned in their best efforts in welding, plumbing, HVAC service and pipefitting May 1-2 during the annual statewide apprenticeship contest. ..
It’s five o’clock somewhere. And maybe there’s a construction worker shortage, too, somewhere. But it’s not significant in the U.S., and it’s not very widespread. ..
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Talks in Congress on how to fix the financial mess involving the nation’s multiemployer pension plans are well under way. ..
- Labor braces for another year-end attack by GOP
- Will Dems finally go bold for nation's workers?
- Michigan starts to lag a bit with autumnal drop in construction
- Trades in concert at MSU Music Building expansion
- Masons rehab classic federal/postal building
- News Briefs
- Union voters help themselves on Election Day
- Marijuana legalization raises questions only the courts will answer
- State's new pot law lights up a few tokens of interest...
- BWL's substation offers high-voltage good looks