LANSING – A Michigan Court of Appeals ruling on May 28 upheld a 22-year-old prevailing wage ordinance in the City of Lansing that has ramifications in municipalities across Michigan. ..
LANSING – Michigan’s minimum wage will rise from $7.40 per hour to $9.20 by 2017, in bipartisan, compromise legislation signed by Gov. Rick Snyder on May 27. ..
LANSING – While workers in Michigan enjoyed some rare good news with the passage of a higher statewide minimum wage, the legislative process revealed a bare-knuckled GOP political move that could prove costly to Democratic candidates, or perhaps Republicans – in the November general election. ..
LANSING – Half a billion… $1.3 billion… do we hear $1.7 billion? ..
U.S. construction through the first four months of the year came in at $158 billion, a level “slightly ahead of last year’s pace,” according to McGraw Hill Construction. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll