LANSING – A Michigan Court of Appeals ruling on May 28 upheld a 22-year-old prevailing wage ordinance in the City of Lansing that has ramifications in municipalities across Michigan. ..
LANSING – Michigan’s minimum wage will rise from $7.40 per hour to $9.20 by 2017, in bipartisan, compromise legislation signed by Gov. Rick Snyder on May 27. ..
LANSING – While workers in Michigan enjoyed some rare good news with the passage of a higher statewide minimum wage, the legislative process revealed a bare-knuckled GOP political move that could prove costly to Democratic candidates, or perhaps Republicans – in the November general election. ..
LANSING – Half a billion… $1.3 billion… do we hear $1.7 billion? ..
U.S. construction through the first four months of the year came in at $158 billion, a level “slightly ahead of last year’s pace,” according to McGraw Hill Construction. ..
- 'What's not at stake?' Looming general election offers workers a chance to finally bring change
- Report stings Schuette for suing to deny OT money for Michigan
- Trades erecting hotel for Saganing Eagles casino
- Forced layoff ends, Operators back on road projects
- Contractors squeezed by material costs, tariffs, worker shortages
- From the ashes, union brotherhood arises to benefit stricken Boilermaker
- News Briefs
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone