In case you were wondering why it is so hard for regular working people to get ahead in our economy, look no further than June 30’s Harris v. Quinn Supreme Court decision. In the usual 5-4 pattern, the corporate-conservatives on the Supreme Court struck another blow against the rights of working people to organize and try to get ahead. ..
KALAMAZOO – “Let’s stop talking about electing people who support organized labor. Let’s start talking about electing me, because I am organized labor.” ..
By Isaiah Poole
Editor, Campaign for America's Future
Despite “substantial economic and market gains,” the nation’s multi-employer pension plans “are severely underfunded, threatening benefit cuts for current and future retirees,” said a 2014 Projection Report released June 30 by the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC). ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll