In case you were wondering why it is so hard for regular working people to get ahead in our economy, look no further than June 30’s Harris v. Quinn Supreme Court decision. In the usual 5-4 pattern, the corporate-conservatives on the Supreme Court struck another blow against the rights of working people to organize and try to get ahead. ..
KALAMAZOO – “Let’s stop talking about electing people who support organized labor. Let’s start talking about electing me, because I am organized labor.” ..
By Isaiah Poole
Editor, Campaign for America's Future
Despite “substantial economic and market gains,” the nation’s multi-employer pension plans “are severely underfunded, threatening benefit cuts for current and future retirees,” said a 2014 Projection Report released June 30 by the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC). ..
- Labor braces for another year-end attack by GOP
- Will Dems finally go bold for nation's workers?
- Michigan starts to lag a bit with autumnal drop in construction
- Trades in concert at MSU Music Building expansion
- Masons rehab classic federal/postal building
- News Briefs
- Union voters help themselves on Election Day
- Marijuana legalization raises questions only the courts will answer
- State's new pot law lights up a few tokens of interest...
- BWL's substation offers high-voltage good looks