Maybe the shock of Michigan becoming a right-to-work state has worn off. Maybe the law that allows free-riders to decline to pay union dues but enjoy the higher pay and benefits provided by collective bargaining hasn’t affected enough workers. ..
Four years ago, a pair of candidates who were largely unknown to most of Michigan ran for governor. The Democratic candidate, Lansing Mayor Virg Bernero, was trounced by Republican Rick Snyder, a venture capitalist and former Gateway Computer CEO. ..
Michigan’s open U.S. Senate seat was seen earlier this year by Republicans as a good, potential pickup for their party, with Terry Lynn Land seen as a solid candidate who was polling well. ..
BROOKLYN, MI – The Raisin River isn’t very wide or deep as it meanders through farmland a few miles northeast of this town in the Irish Hills in Jackson County. ..
WASHINGTON — The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration on Sept. 11 announced a final rule requiring employers to notify OSHA when an employee is killed on the job or suffers a work-related hospitalization, amputation or loss of an eye. ..
DETROIT – The city’s Labor Day Parade, one of the largest in the country, once again assumed its traditional role as a stop for local and national politicos as the traditional kickoff point for fall campaigning. ..
DETROIT – Mark Schauer told the Labor Day audience that he’s running for governor to “make a difference,” while pointing out the differences between himself and his opponent, Gov. Rick Snyder. ..
DETROIT – It’s not difficult to see how Washington D.C. becomes like Lansing. ..
DETROIT – Politics is often in lockstep with the parades and picnics that take place here every year on Labor Day, and this year’s event was no different. ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan