Maybe the shock of Michigan becoming a right-to-work state has worn off. Maybe the law that allows free-riders to decline to pay union dues but enjoy the higher pay and benefits provided by collective bargaining hasn’t affected enough workers. ..
Four years ago, a pair of candidates who were largely unknown to most of Michigan ran for governor. The Democratic candidate, Lansing Mayor Virg Bernero, was trounced by Republican Rick Snyder, a venture capitalist and former Gateway Computer CEO. ..
Michigan’s open U.S. Senate seat was seen earlier this year by Republicans as a good, potential pickup for their party, with Terry Lynn Land seen as a solid candidate who was polling well. ..
BROOKLYN, MI – The Raisin River isn’t very wide or deep as it meanders through farmland a few miles northeast of this town in the Irish Hills in Jackson County. ..
WASHINGTON — The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration on Sept. 11 announced a final rule requiring employers to notify OSHA when an employee is killed on the job or suffers a work-related hospitalization, amputation or loss of an eye. ..
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?
- ‘New NAFTA’ draws skepticism, questions from union leaders, allies
- News Briefs
- 'What's not at stake?' Looming general election offers workers a chance to finally bring change
- Report stings Schuette for suing to deny OT money for Michigan
- Trades erecting hotel for Saganing Eagles casino