LANSING – Arguments were heard Jan. 13 before the Michigan Supreme Court as part of organized labor’s first major attempt to overturn the state’s right-to-work laws. ..
LANSING – Gov. Rick Snyder on Jan. 12 signed legislation that would start the long road back to restoring Michigan’s crumbling streets and bridges, in part by ensuring taxes paid by consumers at the gas pump are dedicated to that purpose. ..
About the plane you flew in during World War II... Airman who served on C-47 during D-Day gets unlikely chance to fly with her again
(By Mark Gruenberg, PAI Staff Writer)
WASHINGTON (PAI) – Here we go again. Business groups are suing the National Labor Relations Board over the new union election rules it finalized in December . ..
LANSING - Pundits predicted after last November's elections that the makeup of the state Legislature would get more conservative, more pro-Tea Party, and even more anti-union than the group that adopted right-to-work in Michigan. ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan