WASHINGTON (PAI) – AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka hailed a new National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) union elections rule, designed to cut down devices businesses use to thwart – legally or illegally – NLRB decisions. The rule, several years in the making, also set off a partisan uproar, on and off the board, which passed it by a 3-2 party-line vote. ..
WASHINGTON – A complaint filed on Dec. 19 by the National Labor Relations Board against McDonald’s Corp. and some of its franchisees sent the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the National Right-to-Work Foundation into a conniption. That could only mean it was good news for workers – and indeed, this and other recent rulings by President Obama’s handpicked NLRB majority are finally bearing fruit for organized labor. ..
LOWELL TWP. – Here’s a handy tip: if you ever have to slide a 4.6 million pound bridge, Dawn dishwashing liquid soap makes for a pretty good lubricant. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll