LANSING - So what happens if prevailing wage goes away in Michigan? ..
LANSING – The proposed repeal of Michigan’s Prevailing Wage Act is not a done deal. And Michigan’s building trades workers are asked to do their part to make sure it stays that way. ..
ANN ARBOR - The University of Michigan campus was busy again last month. And it wasn't only because of students returning from the holiday break. ..
LANSING - Labor union membership in Michigan took a significant hit in 2014, dropping to 14.5 percent union workforce penetration from 16.3 percent in 2013. The decline represents a loss of 48,000 workers. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) – For the first time in his six years in the Oval Office, President Barack Obama took to prime-time TV and a nationwide audience to demand stronger labor law for workers’ rights. But his State of the Union address demand fell flat. ..
The nation’s building industry may be primed for a breakout year in 2015, with 80 percent of construction contractors planning to expand their payrolls. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll