WASHINGTON – The first major hurdle in a deal to extend federal long-term jobless benefits has been overcome, with a March 13 agreement by a bipartisan group of Senators. ..
LANSING - Passage of a one-cent sales tax increase would permanently render $1.2 billion more every year for road and bridge repairs in Michigan. Those are the basic numbers involving Proposal 1, which will appear on the May 5 statewide special election ballot. But they only touch the surface. ..
Labor's durability may key on friending a few GOP moderates: 'Politics is not a marriage. It's a business.'
LANSING - You may have heard once or twice from labor leaders over the last couple of decades that the next election is "the most important of our lifetime." ..
LANSING - Lurking just beyond the horizon of the May 5 Proposal 1 special election for added road money is prevailing wage repeal - a subject which was front and center with several speakers at the Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council's Legislative Conference earlier this month. ..
By Mark Gruenberg
PAI Staff Writer ..
(By Tony Trupiano) ..
Few people in Michigan are crazy about raising the sales tax by a penny, even if passage of Proposal 1 on May 5 means raising at least $1.2 billion more in money for roads and added dollars to fund education. ..
- 'What's not at stake?' Looming general election offers workers a chance to finally bring change
- Report stings Schuette for suing to deny OT money for Michigan
- Trades erecting hotel for Saganing Eagles casino
- Forced layoff ends, Operators back on road projects
- Contractors squeezed by material costs, tariffs, worker shortages
- From the ashes, union brotherhood arises to benefit stricken Boilermaker
- News Briefs
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone