The Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council is supporting Proposal 1 - the May 5 statewide ballot issue that focuses on raising the state sales tax in order to increase spending for the state's deteriorating roads and bridges. ..
If Proposal 1, fails at the ballot box on May 5, what then? ..
U.S. construction employment hit a bump in the road in March, dropping, albeit slightly, for the first time in the past 14 months. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - In a rare win for the labor movement, President Obama upheld streamlined union election rules issued by the National Labor Relations Board that could make it easier for labor unions to organize nonunion shops. ..
LANSING - Michigan's Prevailing Wage Act of 1965 - which is at dire risk of being repealed as early as May by an ultra-conservative state Legislature - has its proponents among major construction contractors and Republican lawmakers. And two of them spoke of their support for the law at the 56th Legislative Conference of the Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council. ..
LANSING - A dysfunctional Congress that deservedly got the lowest performance marks in history last year did do a few things at the very end – it passed a union-approved change to a law governing multiemployer pension plans. ..
LANSING - Building trades unions and the rest of organized labor have mostly supported the Affordable Care Act, on the theory that it's a good thing for more Americans to get access to health insurance. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll