The Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council is supporting Proposal 1 - the May 5 statewide ballot issue that focuses on raising the state sales tax in order to increase spending for the state's deteriorating roads and bridges. ..
If Proposal 1, fails at the ballot box on May 5, what then? ..
U.S. construction employment hit a bump in the road in March, dropping, albeit slightly, for the first time in the past 14 months. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI) - In a rare win for the labor movement, President Obama upheld streamlined union election rules issued by the National Labor Relations Board that could make it easier for labor unions to organize nonunion shops. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll