LANSING - The Michigan Senate adopted a package of three bills on May 14 that would repeal the state's prevailing wage law - and thus severely undermine the pay structure, safety and training of all construction workers in the state. ..
LANSING - With the threat of prevailing wage repeal one step closer to reality with the Michigan Senate's vote on May 14, it's "all hands on deck" for building trades union leaders and members. It's too late in the Senate, but state House members need to hear from our members and their families about the wage, education and safety benefits made possible by the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act. ..
KALAMAZOO - Western Michigan University calls it "the next generation of university living." ..
LANSING - There once was a time, not too long ago, that a key element of conservative principles was that local government was the best government. States could handle their own affairs better than the federal government, and likewise, counties, cities, townships and boards of education knew better than the state what was best for their own communities. ..
By Leo Gerard
President, United Steelworkers ..
LANSING - The resounding defeat on May 5 of Proposal 1 tosses the road repair funding question back onto the collective lap of the state Legislature, where it was last December before the lawmakers voted to put the matter on the statewide ballot. ..
KALAMAZOO - The state's pipe trades apprentices showed their talents, apprenticeship coordinators shared information on instruction, and the United Association took another step forward. ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center