LANSING - The resounding defeat on May 5 of Proposal 1 tosses the road repair funding question back onto the collective lap of the state Legislature, where it was last December before the lawmakers voted to put the matter on the statewide ballot. ..
KALAMAZOO - The state's pipe trades apprentices showed their talents, apprenticeship coordinators shared information on instruction, and the United Association took another step forward. ..
ALLEN PARK – Now in its 13th year, the Boilermakers Local 169 High School Welding Invitational has earned a permanent spot on the spring calendar, establishing a program of matching up skilled high school welders with potential jobs in the Boilermakers. ..
U.S. construction firms added 45,000 jobs in April and 280,000 over 12 months, as the sector's unemployment rate fell to a nine-year April low of 7.5 percent, according to an analysis released May 8 by the Associated General Contractors of America. ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved