LANSING - The Michigan Senate adopted a package of three bills on May 14 that would repeal the state's prevailing wage law - and thus severely undermine the pay structure, safety and training of all construction workers in the state. ..
LANSING - With the threat of prevailing wage repeal one step closer to reality with the Michigan Senate's vote on May 14, it's "all hands on deck" for building trades union leaders and members. It's too late in the Senate, but state House members need to hear from our members and their families about the wage, education and safety benefits made possible by the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act. ..
KALAMAZOO - Western Michigan University calls it "the next generation of university living." ..
LANSING - There once was a time, not too long ago, that a key element of conservative principles was that local government was the best government. States could handle their own affairs better than the federal government, and likewise, counties, cities, townships and boards of education knew better than the state what was best for their own communities. ..
By Leo Gerard
President, United Steelworkers ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll