ALLEN PARK – Now in its 13th year, the Boilermakers Local 169 High School Welding Invitational has earned a permanent spot on the spring calendar, establishing a program of matching up skilled high school welders with potential jobs in the Boilermakers. ..
U.S. construction firms added 45,000 jobs in April and 280,000 over 12 months, as the sector's unemployment rate fell to a nine-year April low of 7.5 percent, according to an analysis released May 8 by the Associated General Contractors of America. ..
Just in time for a vote on Proposal 1, the May 5 ballot issue that will determine if voters want to allocate more money to repair Michigan's roads, a nonprofit Washington D.C.-based transportation research group called TRIP is making sure voters are masters of the obvious. That is, our roads are in terrible condition, repair work is sorely under-funded, and the potholes will continue until more money is found to do the work. ..
Building trades' McGarvey urges outreach plan for construction unions 'It simply makes no sense to put all of our eggs in one political basket'
WASHINGTON D.C. - Building trades membership and market share are up, the business community is again starting to recognize the value provided by construction union labor, work opportunities are improving, and Congress provided a needed fix for multiemployer pension plans. ..
Michigan's construction industry, so far, is thoroughly enjoying 2015. ..
ANN ARBOR - Washtenaw Community College (WCC) and the International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Iron Workers Union signed a five-year contract extension March 18 to continue to hold the renowned Iron Workers Instructor Training Program on the WCC campus. ..
- Canvassers rule: more prevailing wage petition names should be probed
- Construction expansion in a 'mature stage,' but still has some life
- Port Huron McLaren Hospital expansion keeps local trades busy
- Building trades union net 63,000 new members in 2017
- Unions enjoy small growth spurt in 2017
- News Briefs
- Prevailing wage rally energizes hundreds to sustain vital law
- 'Let's put maximum pressure on the Legislature to do the right thing'
- 'Let the people decide' Sign the petition for the Construction Workers Fair Wage Ac
- PMT/ABC ask state to end review, OK petition