Signature gatherers are expected to be fanning out across Michigan this summer, asking registered voters to sign a petition intended to repeal the Prevailing Wage Act of 1965. ..
By Dr. Dale Belman
Professor, Michigan State University
School of Labor and Industrial Relations ..
LANSING - A great majority of the state's Republican lawmakers want to repeal the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act of 1965. ..
LANSING – Should state law trump local law when it comes to governments setting prevailing and minimum wages, sick time rules or other employee benefits? ..
When we last asked that question about six months ago following an industry survey by the Associated General Contractors, the answer was "maybe." It depended on geographic location, industry sector and whether a shortage, if any, was seen as short-term or long-term. ..
LANSING - Michigan's Prevailing Wage Act of 1965 is in dire risk of repeal this year in the state Legislature - but it likely won't happen in the conventional manner. ..
Coming this summer to a street corner or perhaps a sporting event near you: clipboard-holders with petitions from "Protecting Michigan Taxpayers," promising that if you will sign, you help repeal the state's prevailing wage law and save the state big bucks on construction costs. ..
- Michigan's prevailing wage law is repealed
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- Ford brings new vitality to old hotel - and West Dearborn, too
- Employment rate is great; but wages could use some juice
- Cut Social Security benefits? Nah, let's expand them
- Trades power Women's Empowerment Center
- Under review: Supreme Court looks at petition circulators in prevailing wage repeal process
- U.S. Supreme Court sides with employers workplace arbitration case
- Fisher Building gets renewed attention, inside and out
- Construction contractors are fat and happy, ENR says