LANSING - Now we know about how much money is being raised - and where the money is coming from - to pay for petition signature-gatherers to overturn the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act of 1965. ..
By Frank Manzo IV ..
DETROIT - For some youths in the city, the path to a potential career in the building trades could start with boarding up the schools. ..
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The 6-3 U.S. Supreme Court vote on June 25 over health care exchanges saved the Affordable Care Act as we know it. ..
A petition is currently being circulated statewide seeking to repeal Michigan's Prevailing Wage Act, and if it's successful, would eliminate more than 11,000 jobs, reduce economic output in the state by $1.7 billion, carve out $28 million from local and state tax revenue, and export nearly $700 million in construction investments out of state every year. ..
Petition signature gatherers who are stationed across Michigan this summer - asking registered voters to sign a petition intended to repeal the Prevailing Wage Act of 1965 - are likely just as ignorant about the law as the general public. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal signatures under state scrutiny
- Question of right-to-work for all public employees lands in Supreme Court
- Bridge work comes in all shapes and sizes for MDOT
- 'Composite' pension option in the works in Congress
- Union leaders to trump: ‘new NAFTA’ must boost workers’ rights, wages
- AFL-CIO says rule would slide $5.8 billion in tips over to employers
- News Briefs
- Prevailing wage repeal short on valid names - again?
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- 'A thing of beauty' Trades renovate elegant old friend, the Stott Tower