LANSING - Now we know about how much money is being raised - and where the money is coming from - to pay for petition signature-gatherers to overturn the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act of 1965. ..
By Frank Manzo IV ..
DETROIT - For some youths in the city, the path to a potential career in the building trades could start with boarding up the schools. ..
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The 6-3 U.S. Supreme Court vote on June 25 over health care exchanges saved the Affordable Care Act as we know it. ..
A petition is currently being circulated statewide seeking to repeal Michigan's Prevailing Wage Act, and if it's successful, would eliminate more than 11,000 jobs, reduce economic output in the state by $1.7 billion, carve out $28 million from local and state tax revenue, and export nearly $700 million in construction investments out of state every year. ..
Petition signature gatherers who are stationed across Michigan this summer - asking registered voters to sign a petition intended to repeal the Prevailing Wage Act of 1965 - are likely just as ignorant about the law as the general public. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll