LANSING - A deal to pass a long-awaited road funding bill failed, again, in the state Legislature, as lawmakers wrapped up a short summertime session on Aug. 20 without agreeing on any funding mechanism. ..
LANSING - A spokesman for the group behind the effort to collect at least 252,523 petition signatures which could lead to the repeal of the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act said "we are beating the time frame" to collect the names within a 180-day time frame. ..
Michigan's construction employment momentum took a breather in July, but the long-term job numbers continue to be strong compared to other states. ..
With summer still here but the end in sight, celebrating Labor Day becomes the next major date on the calendar. More than a barbecue or a final trip to the cottage, Labor Day is also a unique celebration of the contributions of working men and women - and localities around Michigan offer numerous events to express your support. Here is some of what's going on: ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll