By Sean McGarvey
North America's Building Trades Unions ..
By Sean McGarvey
WASHINGTON - A ruling issued Aug. 27 by the National Labor Relations Board "will make many business leaders’ heads spin," says the National Law Review. The Wall Street Journal's lead editorial on Aug. 29 accused the NLRB of making a ruling that "radically rewrites U.S. labor law" and of "ruining countless August vacations this week" for its readers in the business community. The National Federation of Independent Business warned the ruling could “blow up” long-standing business models. ..
Michigan's right-to-work law, adopted in December 2012 over the vociferous objections of organized labor and state Democratic lawmakers, continues to be a sore subject whenever it comes up. ..
DETROIT – A coalition of organized construction contractor associations and skilled labor unions launched a new advertising campaign on Labor Day to raise awareness about career opportunities in the skilled trades. The MUST Construction Careers campaign includes billboards, bus wraps, and television ads. ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan