By Sean McGarvey
North America's Building Trades Unions ..
By Sean McGarvey
WASHINGTON - A ruling issued Aug. 27 by the National Labor Relations Board "will make many business leaders’ heads spin," says the National Law Review. The Wall Street Journal's lead editorial on Aug. 29 accused the NLRB of making a ruling that "radically rewrites U.S. labor law" and of "ruining countless August vacations this week" for its readers in the business community. The National Federation of Independent Business warned the ruling could “blow up” long-standing business models. ..
Michigan's right-to-work law, adopted in December 2012 over the vociferous objections of organized labor and state Democratic lawmakers, continues to be a sore subject whenever it comes up. ..
DETROIT – A coalition of organized construction contractor associations and skilled labor unions launched a new advertising campaign on Labor Day to raise awareness about career opportunities in the skilled trades. The MUST Construction Careers campaign includes billboards, bus wraps, and television ads. ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved