LANSING - It's widely known that the effort to repeal Michigan's Prevailing Wage Act of 1965 via a petition drive has been bolstered by organizers like the anti-union Associated Builders and Contractors of Michigan and contributions from billionaire backers like the DeVos family of Grand Rapids. ..
One of the most comprehensive academic studies of the economic, social and project cost impacts related to state prevailing wage laws was released Feb. 9, and the results might cause proponents of repealing Michigan's law to think twice about their ongoing petition effort. ..
WASHINGTON D.C. - Just when it looked like the Supreme Court was set to allow right-to-work for virtually all U.S. public sector workers, Supreme Court Justice Anthony Scalia died. ..
DETROIT - The Capitol Park district in Detroit is a bit off the beaten track in downtown Detroit, but the area has a tremendous collection of historic buildings that are currently being renovated and re-purposed. ..
WASHINGTON, D.C. - President Obama’s FY 2017 budget proposal contains a proposed increase in Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) premiums, costing multiemployer pension funds like those in the building trades millions of dollars – a hike amounting to five times what they’re currently paying every year. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll