'Let them know you deserve to be paid what you're worth' ..
LANSING - Thwarting the ongoing effort to repeal Michigan's Prevailing Wage Act of 1965 - as well as educating union members and the general public about the benefits of law - were issues that were front and center March 8-9 at the 57th Legislative Conference hosted by the Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council. ..
LANSING - The folks at Vincent's Plumbing and Heating in Port Huron are pushing to fundamentally change decades of established, effective licensing regulations that govern the state's plumbing, electrical and heating, ventilation and air conditioning industries. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI)—While saying he wants to work with the Republican-run Congress during the last 10 months of his tenure, Obama Administration Labor Secretary Thomas Perez spent much of his time on March 16 defending his department’s worker protection rules against a hostile Republican reaction. ..
All in all, Michigan can't complain too much about the state of the state's construction industry employment. The rest of the nation can't complain much, either. ..
Among the six people murdered in the shooting spree in Kalamazoo on Feb. 20 were Plumbers and Pipe Fitters Local 357 member Rich Smith, 53, and his 17-year-old son, Tyler. They were killed at 10:30 p.m. while car shopping in a dealer parking lot. ..
Petition gatherers have fanned out across Michigan, trying to collect 252,000 valid signatures in an effort to overturn the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act of 1965. ..
- 'What's not at stake?' Looming general election offers workers a chance to finally bring change
- Report stings Schuette for suing to deny OT money for Michigan
- Trades erecting hotel for Saganing Eagles casino
- Forced layoff ends, Operators back on road projects
- Contractors squeezed by material costs, tariffs, worker shortages
- From the ashes, union brotherhood arises to benefit stricken Boilermaker
- News Briefs
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone