A U.S. Treasury Department mediator on May 6 rejected a huge proposed cut in retirement payouts for hundreds of thousands of workers tied to the Teamsters Central States Pension Fund. ..
The petition drive to repeal Michigan's Prevailing Wage Act of 1965 apparently continues to be staying in neutral. ..
The state of the construction unions: Survey finds optimism for job prospects, mixed outlook for worker shortages
Is there a shortage of construction workers in the U.S.? The Associated General Contractors keeps hammering home their position that yes, there is, and they urge that channels to training opportunities be widened to get more workers into the building trades. ..
(From We Party Patriots) ..
LANSING, Mich. (PAI)—Tucked into a batch of anti-worker laws the Republican-run Michigan legislature approved late last year is a little-known statute that protects franchise granters – think McDonald’s headquarters – from responsibility for dealing with workers and from obeying labor law, including the right to unionize, at their local franchise-holders. ..
If you have "declined to sign" the petition to repeal the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act of 1965 - good! - such inaction is the least you could do to help maintain fair wage levels for construction workers in Michigan. ..
- Labor braces for another year-end attack by GOP
- Will Dems finally go bold for nation's workers?
- Michigan starts to lag a bit with autumnal drop in construction
- Trades in concert at MSU Music Building expansion
- Masons rehab classic federal/postal building
- News Briefs
- Union voters help themselves on Election Day
- Marijuana legalization raises questions only the courts will answer
- State's new pot law lights up a few tokens of interest...
- BWL's substation offers high-voltage good looks