A U.S. Treasury Department mediator on May 6 rejected a huge proposed cut in retirement payouts for hundreds of thousands of workers tied to the Teamsters Central States Pension Fund. ..
The petition drive to repeal Michigan's Prevailing Wage Act of 1965 apparently continues to be staying in neutral. ..
The state of the construction unions: Survey finds optimism for job prospects, mixed outlook for worker shortages
Is there a shortage of construction workers in the U.S.? The Associated General Contractors keeps hammering home their position that yes, there is, and they urge that channels to training opportunities be widened to get more workers into the building trades. ..
(From We Party Patriots) ..
LANSING, Mich. (PAI)—Tucked into a batch of anti-worker laws the Republican-run Michigan legislature approved late last year is a little-known statute that protects franchise granters – think McDonald’s headquarters – from responsibility for dealing with workers and from obeying labor law, including the right to unionize, at their local franchise-holders. ..
If you have "declined to sign" the petition to repeal the Michigan Prevailing Wage Act of 1965 - good! - such inaction is the least you could do to help maintain fair wage levels for construction workers in Michigan. ..
- Michigan's prevailing wage law is repealed
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- Ford brings new vitality to old hotel - and West Dearborn, too
- Employment rate is great; but wages could use some juice
- Cut Social Security benefits? Nah, let's expand them
- Trades power Women's Empowerment Center
- Under review: Supreme Court looks at petition circulators in prevailing wage repeal process
- U.S. Supreme Court sides with employers workplace arbitration case
- Fisher Building gets renewed attention, inside and out
- Construction contractors are fat and happy, ENR says