WASHINGTON (PAI) — Suddenly, a national right-to-work law isn't very far-fetched. And neither is repeal of the federal Davis-Bacon prevailing wage law. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI)—Not content with trying to dump pro-worker regulations by the prior Democratic Obama administration – either one by one or in huge batches – the GOP U.S. House majority wants to halt virtually all future rules, too. ..
COLDWATER TWP. - Michigan lost its last pork processing facility in 1998. But in 2017, the industry is about to return, big-time. ..
The U.S. construction industry year got off to a good start in 2017, as employment increased by 36,000 jobs in January, reaching the highest level since November 2008. The Associated General Contractors reported on Feb. 3 that their analysis shows contractors increased pay in an effort to address a chronic worker shortage. ..
- Trades rally, sign up to support prevailing wage
- State lawmakers seem ready to OK reparations for unemployment 'fraud'
- New, improved physical ed building erected at Kellogg CC
- NLRB majority backs company line during bargaining
- GOP tax cut: fulfilling a corporate wish list
- Contractors also get some gifts from tax cut
- Construction employment up as 2017 was closing
- News Briefs
- Counter-petition drive launched to save Michigan's prevailing wage law
- New sheetmetal coil line puts Mall City on a roll