WASHINGTON (PAI) — Suddenly, a national right-to-work law isn't very far-fetched. And neither is repeal of the federal Davis-Bacon prevailing wage law. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI)—Not content with trying to dump pro-worker regulations by the prior Democratic Obama administration – either one by one or in huge batches – the GOP U.S. House majority wants to halt virtually all future rules, too. ..
COLDWATER TWP. - Michigan lost its last pork processing facility in 1998. But in 2017, the industry is about to return, big-time. ..
The U.S. construction industry year got off to a good start in 2017, as employment increased by 36,000 jobs in January, reaching the highest level since November 2008. The Associated General Contractors reported on Feb. 3 that their analysis shows contractors increased pay in an effort to address a chronic worker shortage. ..
LANSING - The prevailing wage repeal zombies are back in the Michigan Legislature. They never really went away. ..
WASHINGTON - "From this moment on," President Donald Trump said in his inaugural address, "it's going to be America First. Every decision on trade, on taxes, on immigration, on foreign affairs, will be made to benefit American workers and American families." ..
- State AFL-CIO gives nod to to Whitmer for governor
- Falsely accused jobless claimants to get another day in court
- NMU invites students for a stay in The Woods
- Congress gets to work on multi-employer pension reform plan
- Senate party-line vote gives GOP majority on labor board
- Insulators urge: 'Unite for a Cure' for mesothelioma
- State review continues of petitions aimed at repealing prevailing wage
- Cadillac Tax delayed again; should be shelved permanently
- BWL spreading lots of capital for construction in our capital city
- Construction employment hums along in Michigan