WASHINGTON (PAI) — Suddenly, a national right-to-work law isn't very far-fetched. And neither is repeal of the federal Davis-Bacon prevailing wage law. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI)—Not content with trying to dump pro-worker regulations by the prior Democratic Obama administration – either one by one or in huge batches – the GOP U.S. House majority wants to halt virtually all future rules, too. ..
COLDWATER TWP. - Michigan lost its last pork processing facility in 1998. But in 2017, the industry is about to return, big-time. ..
The U.S. construction industry year got off to a good start in 2017, as employment increased by 36,000 jobs in January, reaching the highest level since November 2008. The Associated General Contractors reported on Feb. 3 that their analysis shows contractors increased pay in an effort to address a chronic worker shortage. ..
LANSING - The prevailing wage repeal zombies are back in the Michigan Legislature. They never really went away. ..
WASHINGTON - "From this moment on," President Donald Trump said in his inaugural address, "it's going to be America First. Every decision on trade, on taxes, on immigration, on foreign affairs, will be made to benefit American workers and American families." ..
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?
- ‘New NAFTA’ draws skepticism, questions from union leaders, allies
- News Briefs
- 'What's not at stake?' Looming general election offers workers a chance to finally bring change
- Report stings Schuette for suing to deny OT money for Michigan
- Trades erecting hotel for Saganing Eagles casino