DETROIT — Little Caesars Arena isn't the only ongoing construction project in the city that will have the big pizza chain's name on it. ..
It's the largest chunk of money to be spent to date that's aimed at replacing lead and galvanized pipes that are still in place serving some 20,000 homes. The decision to draw the corrosive water from the Flint River without proper treatment wore away a decades-old protective coating inside the metal pipes, exposing thousands of Flint residents to lead poisoning. ..
His decision leaves federal contractors free to disobey labor laws, job safety laws and even paying their taxes without the fear of having the feds yank their business away. ..
By Ross Eisenbrey and Teresa Kroeger ..
- Michigan's prevailing wage law is repealed
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- Ford brings new vitality to old hotel - and West Dearborn, too
- Employment rate is great; but wages could use some juice
- Cut Social Security benefits? Nah, let's expand them
- Trades power Women's Empowerment Center
- Under review: Supreme Court looks at petition circulators in prevailing wage repeal process
- U.S. Supreme Court sides with employers workplace arbitration case
- Fisher Building gets renewed attention, inside and out
- Construction contractors are fat and happy, ENR says