DETROIT — Little Caesars Arena isn't the only ongoing construction project in the city that will have the big pizza chain's name on it. ..
It's the largest chunk of money to be spent to date that's aimed at replacing lead and galvanized pipes that are still in place serving some 20,000 homes. The decision to draw the corrosive water from the Flint River without proper treatment wore away a decades-old protective coating inside the metal pipes, exposing thousands of Flint residents to lead poisoning. ..
His decision leaves federal contractors free to disobey labor laws, job safety laws and even paying their taxes without the fear of having the feds yank their business away. ..
By Ross Eisenbrey and Teresa Kroeger ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center