DETROIT — Little Caesars Arena isn't the only ongoing construction project in the city that will have the big pizza chain's name on it. ..
It's the largest chunk of money to be spent to date that's aimed at replacing lead and galvanized pipes that are still in place serving some 20,000 homes. The decision to draw the corrosive water from the Flint River without proper treatment wore away a decades-old protective coating inside the metal pipes, exposing thousands of Flint residents to lead poisoning. ..
His decision leaves federal contractors free to disobey labor laws, job safety laws and even paying their taxes without the fear of having the feds yank their business away. ..
By Ross Eisenbrey and Teresa Kroeger ..
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved
- News Briefs
- Labor braces for another year-end attack by GOP
- Will Dems finally go bold for nation's workers?
- Michigan starts to lag a bit with autumnal drop in construction
- Trades in concert at MSU Music Building expansion
- Masons rehab classic federal/postal building