DETROIT — Little Caesars Arena isn't the only ongoing construction project in the city that will have the big pizza chain's name on it. ..
It's the largest chunk of money to be spent to date that's aimed at replacing lead and galvanized pipes that are still in place serving some 20,000 homes. The decision to draw the corrosive water from the Flint River without proper treatment wore away a decades-old protective coating inside the metal pipes, exposing thousands of Flint residents to lead poisoning. ..
His decision leaves federal contractors free to disobey labor laws, job safety laws and even paying their taxes without the fear of having the feds yank their business away. ..
By Ross Eisenbrey and Teresa Kroeger ..
- Prevailing wage repeal signatures under state scrutiny
- Question of right-to-work for all public employees lands in Supreme Court
- Bridge work comes in all shapes and sizes for MDOT
- 'Composite' pension option in the works in Congress
- Union leaders to trump: ‘new NAFTA’ must boost workers’ rights, wages
- AFL-CIO says rule would slide $5.8 billion in tips over to employers
- News Briefs
- Prevailing wage repeal short on valid names - again?
- Study can't find benefits after repeal of prevailing wage law in Indiana
- 'A thing of beauty' Trades renovate elegant old friend, the Stott Tower