The AFL-CIO is opposed, "in the strongest possible terms," to a new proposed Department of Labor regulation that would allow restaurant owners to pocket the tips of millions of tipped workers. It would result in an estimated loss every year of $5.8 billion in transferred wages.
- Whitmer to building trades: ‘We put labor back where it belongs with a real seat at the table’
- Saved! Deluge of public comments sustain trades' apprenticeship programs
- State's new labor agency chief: 'organized labor helped build the middle class'
- Unions have one of our own at state labor agency
- Mackinac Straits Line 5 tunnel plans on course, Enbridge says
- Construction employment, spending, up to start 2020
- New McLaren hospital on the rise in Lansing
- News Briefs
- Trump seeks end to collective bargaining for Defense workers
- Big pension challenges remain on Capitol Hill