LANSING - For at least the past 30 years, individual workers, labor unions and honest employers have complained about the illicit use of "1099" employees - it's the practice by shady employers of misclassifying workers who toil on a full-time basis as "independent contractors." That saves the employer taxes, overtime charges, workers comp and health insurance costs. ..
- Whitmer to building trades: ‘We put labor back where it belongs with a real seat at the table’
- Saved! Deluge of public comments sustain trades' apprenticeship programs
- State's new labor agency chief: 'organized labor helped build the middle class'
- Unions have one of our own at state labor agency
- Mackinac Straits Line 5 tunnel plans on course, Enbridge says
- Construction employment, spending, up to start 2020
- New McLaren hospital on the rise in Lansing
- News Briefs
- Trump seeks end to collective bargaining for Defense workers
- Big pension challenges remain on Capitol Hill