LANSING - For at least the past 30 years, individual workers, labor unions and honest employers have complained about the illicit use of "1099" employees - it's the practice by shady employers of misclassifying workers who toil on a full-time basis as "independent contractors." That saves the employer taxes, overtime charges, workers comp and health insurance costs. ..
- Dual pipeline lawsuits bring to a head the fate of Line 5 Tunnel
- A new pipeline is the 'only viable and safest plan' for replacing the existing Line 5
- Cancer treatment getting its own, new building at Henry Ford Health System
- Attorney General Nessel's office puts heat on payroll cheats
- U.S. Supreme Court declines to change rules on redistricting
- News Briefs
- Breath test offers new path for lung disease patients
- 'Undo and screw' case for minimum wage and leave time in Supreme Court's lap
- AFL-CIO chief pushes 'New NAFTA' - with worker protections
- Marine Memorial complete; table set for the 'Fallen 22'