LANSING - For at least the past 30 years, individual workers, labor unions and honest employers have complained about the illicit use of "1099" employees - it's the practice by shady employers of misclassifying workers who toil on a full-time basis as "independent contractors." That saves the employer taxes, overtime charges, workers comp and health insurance costs. ..
- False unemployment fraud resolution delayed, again
- Prevailing wage still drives road work in Michigan
- Number of striking workers surge in 2018-19
- New medical center, new daytime vigor in Royal Oak
- News Briefs
- Whitmer announces $3.5B in bonds to fix roads
- With 'New NAFTA' done, lack of worker protection will likely trip China deal
- Royal Oak workers, police await new City Hall, police HQ
- You don't need a reason - 'tis the season to vote absentee
- Contributions to Care House 'make a tremendous difference'