Big leap for state's construction jobs ..
AFL-CIO's Trumka: To avoid an 'ass-kicking,' labor needs to step up its political outreach, big-time
DETROIT – Passage of Michigan’s right-to-work law in 2012 by Gov. Rick Snyder and the Republican Legislature “shivered the timbers of every union in every state,” said AFL-CIO President Rich Trumka. ..
LANSING – Michigan AFL-CIO President Karla Swift provided MIRS News Service with some of organized labor’s perspective concerning the Nov. 4 election. ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved