"Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual - or at least that he ought not so to do; but that he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country." -Samuel Adams, 1781. ..
Unions are doing a better job than in years past of communicating their political message to their membership - unless the members are Caucasian male firearm owners. ..
HOLT - A cramped 35-year-old high school building and anticipated long-term population growth in the Holt School District prompted voters to approve a $73 million bond issue to improve and expand facilities. ..
Two cars owned by building tradesmen took top honors in their division at the Feb. 22-24 Autorama in Detroit. ..
It's always revealing to get an update on where the anti-union contractor group ABC is headed, since their direction is nearly always in the opposite direction of building trades unions. ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center