"Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual - or at least that he ought not so to do; but that he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country." -Samuel Adams, 1781. ..
Unions are doing a better job than in years past of communicating their political message to their membership - unless the members are Caucasian male firearm owners. ..
HOLT - A cramped 35-year-old high school building and anticipated long-term population growth in the Holt School District prompted voters to approve a $73 million bond issue to improve and expand facilities. ..
Two cars owned by building tradesmen took top honors in their division at the Feb. 22-24 Autorama in Detroit. ..
It's always revealing to get an update on where the anti-union contractor group ABC is headed, since their direction is nearly always in the opposite direction of building trades unions. ..
- Union voters help themselves on Election Day
- Marijuana legalization raises questions only the courts will answer
- State's new pot law lights up a few tokens of interest...
- BWL's substation offers high-voltage good looks
- Hopefully, just a little dip for Michigan construction
- We're still talking about putting asbestos in building products?!
- News Briefs
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades