The 350,000-member International Union of Carpenters and Joiners has withdrawn from the AFL-CIO, effective March 29. ..
LANSING - Prevailing wage continues to be one of the Republican Party's favorite whipping boys, but the state law is being saved by a few GOP members who haven't joined in the fray. ..
Last summer we published a story under the headline, "school inspection bill finally makes the grade among state lawmakers." ..
Notoriety surrounding the Ambassador Bridge was never so great as the day it opened to traffic on Nov. 11, 1929. ..
Tradesman Viewpoint ..
What can you teach a layman about laying block in a four-hour crash course? ..
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades
- News Briefs
- Advocates urge expansion of OT pay rule
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?