The 350,000-member International Union of Carpenters and Joiners has withdrawn from the AFL-CIO, effective March 29. ..
LANSING - Prevailing wage continues to be one of the Republican Party's favorite whipping boys, but the state law is being saved by a few GOP members who haven't joined in the fray. ..
Last summer we published a story under the headline, "school inspection bill finally makes the grade among state lawmakers." ..
Notoriety surrounding the Ambassador Bridge was never so great as the day it opened to traffic on Nov. 11, 1929. ..
Tradesman Viewpoint ..
What can you teach a layman about laying block in a four-hour crash course? ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin