LANSING – Good news about employment or financial prospects in the construction industry was nowhere to be found from AFL-CIO Building Trades Department Secretary-Treasurer Sean McGarvey, who spoke April 1 to delegates to the Michigan Building and Construction Trades Council’s 50th Legislative Conference. ..
LANSING – A powerful boost could be coming to Michigan’s construction industry over the next decade. But for the thousands of Hardhats sitting on the bench – who are ready for work, now – the waiting is the hardest part. ..
LANSING – A mining project is proposed for land located 20 miles north of Marquette, which would create 200-400 construction jobs over a two-year period. ..
LANSING -The ongoing transformation of the Ottawa Street Power Station into the headquarters of the Accident Fund Insurance Company of America in recent months has made the structure a shell of its former self. ..
SILVER SPRING, Md. (PAI) — AFL-CIO President John J. Sweeney formally told top leaders of the federation that he will retire at the AFL-CIO Convention in September . ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center