A federal judge earlier this month brought a mixed ruling for supporters and detractors of the state’s right-to-work law. ..
Keep extending jobless benefits, and long-term unemployed people will be less motivated to find work. ..
By Douglas W. Stockwell
Operating Engineers Local 324 ..
The nation’s unionized building trades apprenticeship programs have some work to do when it comes to screening prospective apprentices. Getting more potential apprentices is hampered at the high school level, where teachers and counselors don’t talk up the trades as a career option. And even today’s industry professionals don’t think that the construction careers of tomorrow’s apprentices will last more than a decade. ..
Upper Peninsula Construction Council Executive Director Tony Retaskie was named the grand prize winner of the 2014 W.O. Lawton Business Leadership Award during a conference held March 29 through April 1 in Washington D.C. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin