A federal judge earlier this month brought a mixed ruling for supporters and detractors of the state’s right-to-work law. ..
Keep extending jobless benefits, and long-term unemployed people will be less motivated to find work. ..
By Douglas W. Stockwell
Operating Engineers Local 324 ..
The nation’s unionized building trades apprenticeship programs have some work to do when it comes to screening prospective apprentices. Getting more potential apprentices is hampered at the high school level, where teachers and counselors don’t talk up the trades as a career option. And even today’s industry professionals don’t think that the construction careers of tomorrow’s apprentices will last more than a decade. ..
Upper Peninsula Construction Council Executive Director Tony Retaskie was named the grand prize winner of the 2014 W.O. Lawton Business Leadership Award during a conference held March 29 through April 1 in Washington D.C. ..
- Trump's NLRB again widens independent contractor rule
- State attorney general to review petition gathering restrictions
- WCCCD, trades, build space to play, learn and workout
- U.S. construction cost hikes are worrisome
- Persistent malaise vexes U.S. union membership
- News Briefs
- Lawsuit to reset prevailing wage law on hold in courts
- Fresh start for state governor, lawmakers, hopefully labor, too
- Last wintertime auto show bittersweet for display builders
- Unlikely RTW repeal measures introduced