WASHINGTON (PAI) – Union leaders hailed the final passage of the health care overhaul, but AFL-CIO President Richard L. Trumka warned the fight isn’t over yet. ..
The health care revision is law, though implementation will take quite a while. We still think that it lacks meaningful cost controls – except for a commission that could ride herd on insurance company premium hikes – and that the 40% excise tax on the value of present insurance above a minimum of $27,500 per family (the so-called Cadillac plans) was the last straw. ..
DETROIT – While the world of science has expanded its knowledge base just a little since the 1960s, facilities and infrastructure at Wayne State University’s Chemistry Building have changed very little in the last four decades. ..
Not a week goes by where I am not approached by a consortium or an individual corporation that has concrete plans for the construction of some type of major facility here in the United States. In recent weeks, most of these proposals have centered on the construction of energy-related facilities (both traditional and renewable). But, there have been many proposed manufacturing facilities as well. And let me assure you, these are not “fly-by-night” organizations, either. These are stable companies and, in many instances, reputable household names. ..
This has been a horrible year for Ashley Yost, but it’s starting to turn the corner. ..
WASHINGTON (PAI)–The Occupational Safety and Health Administration has warned 15,000 firms nationwide that their job safety and health records are bad enough to warrant closer federal scrutiny — and it’s offering compliance help. ..
- Whitmer to building trades: ‘We put labor back where it belongs with a real seat at the table’
- Saved! Deluge of public comments sustain trades' apprenticeship programs
- State's new labor agency chief: 'organized labor helped build the middle class'
- Unions have one of our own at state labor agency
- Mackinac Straits Line 5 tunnel plans on course, Enbridge says
- Construction employment, spending, up to start 2020
- New McLaren hospital on the rise in Lansing
- News Briefs
- Trump seeks end to collective bargaining for Defense workers
- Big pension challenges remain on Capitol Hill