New overtime guidelines for American workers were issued and approved on April 20 by the federal government – and the final rules probably aren’t quite as bad as Democrats and organized labor expected them to be. ..
Congress provided relief to thousands of cash-strapped U.S. pension programs earlier this month, by approving accounting changes that will allow many retirement plans to change the way liabilities are computed. ..
One of the best benefits afforded to the nation’s unionized construction workers is their defined benefit pension that awaits them in their retirement. ..
PORT HURON TWP. – In just about any Western movie – or in fictional Mayberry, North Carolina – the jail cells are usually made up of brick walls with iron bars on the front, and the sheriff’s desk isn’t far away so he can see what the bad guys are up to. ..
The AFL-CIO Building and Construction Trades Department has filed a formal petition for rulemaking requesting U.S. Labor Secretary Elaine Chao to establish specific graduation requirements by craft for construction apprenticeship programs. ..
There is no good reason to spend even one hard-earned dollar at Wal-Mart and Sam’s Club. Most union members know that this company does not deserve your business and your shopping trip won’t benefit the workers or the community. ..
A relatively small but important portion of the state’s billion-dollars-plus in highway expenditures this year will fund the replacement of an historic bridge near Hale in Iosco County. ..
- Trump's NLRB again widens independent contractor rule
- State attorney general to review petition gathering restrictions
- WCCCD, trades, build space to play, learn and workout
- U.S. construction cost hikes are worrisome
- Persistent malaise vexes U.S. union membership
- News Briefs
- Lawsuit to reset prevailing wage law on hold in courts
- Fresh start for state governor, lawmakers, hopefully labor, too
- Last wintertime auto show bittersweet for display builders
- Unlikely RTW repeal measures introduced