Pointing to an unemployment rate – nearly 25 percent – for construction workers that is “unacceptably high,” Vice President Joe Biden on April 19 told some 3,000 delegates to the AFL-CIO’s Building and Construction Trades Department (BCTD) legislative conference: ..
MONROE – One of their largest maintenance outages ever – at one of the largest power plants in the nation – is ongoing at DTE Energy’s Monroe Power Plant Unit 2. ..
In a major win for workers’ safety on the job, a federal appeals court upheld the power of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to determine how to craft and enforce workplace safety rules. ..
March construction activity in the U.S. was “essentially unchanged” from February’s numbers, according to a report issued April 21 by McGraw-Hill Construction. ..
The time is right, it seems, to make some noise about creating a safety standard to preserve the hearing of construction workers. ..
- Pelosi, building trades seek compromise on green construction that won't kill jobs
- Supreme Court sustains legal option for falsely accused jobless claimants
- Union contracts supercede medical/sick leave, comp time laws
- U.S. construction moves past rough patch
- Trades succeeding at EMU Success Center
- News Briefs
- ABC training remains consistent: They've been a constant failure
- EMU's Sill Hall ready for a reno
- 'We are going to build the tunnel' Maybe not Whitmer, Nessel slam brakes on Line 5 tunnel
- Proposed overtime pay rule has Chamber's fingerprints all over it