Pointing to an unemployment rate – nearly 25 percent – for construction workers that is “unacceptably high,” Vice President Joe Biden on April 19 told some 3,000 delegates to the AFL-CIO’s Building and Construction Trades Department (BCTD) legislative conference: ..
MONROE – One of their largest maintenance outages ever – at one of the largest power plants in the nation – is ongoing at DTE Energy’s Monroe Power Plant Unit 2. ..
In a major win for workers’ safety on the job, a federal appeals court upheld the power of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to determine how to craft and enforce workplace safety rules. ..
March construction activity in the U.S. was “essentially unchanged” from February’s numbers, according to a report issued April 21 by McGraw-Hill Construction. ..
The time is right, it seems, to make some noise about creating a safety standard to preserve the hearing of construction workers. ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center