Pointing to an unemployment rate – nearly 25 percent – for construction workers that is “unacceptably high,” Vice President Joe Biden on April 19 told some 3,000 delegates to the AFL-CIO’s Building and Construction Trades Department (BCTD) legislative conference: ..
MONROE – One of their largest maintenance outages ever – at one of the largest power plants in the nation – is ongoing at DTE Energy’s Monroe Power Plant Unit 2. ..
In a major win for workers’ safety on the job, a federal appeals court upheld the power of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to determine how to craft and enforce workplace safety rules. ..
March construction activity in the U.S. was “essentially unchanged” from February’s numbers, according to a report issued April 21 by McGraw-Hill Construction. ..
The time is right, it seems, to make some noise about creating a safety standard to preserve the hearing of construction workers. ..
- Holiday events and activities mark Labor's day in Michigan
- 'A lot to like' about major new development in Kalamazoo
- News Briefs
- Tell the DOL: Hands off building trades apprenticeships
- Weaker apprenticeship standards loom with new review by DOL
- Organized labor is no fan of new DOL secretary
- Put 'Michigan Jobs First,' says Whitmer directive
- Head's up: 'safety helmets' may be headed to your jobsite
- News Briefs
- Roncelli, trades undertake expansion for McLaren Macomb