Pointing to an unemployment rate – nearly 25 percent – for construction workers that is “unacceptably high,” Vice President Joe Biden on April 19 told some 3,000 delegates to the AFL-CIO’s Building and Construction Trades Department (BCTD) legislative conference: ..
MONROE – One of their largest maintenance outages ever – at one of the largest power plants in the nation – is ongoing at DTE Energy’s Monroe Power Plant Unit 2. ..
In a major win for workers’ safety on the job, a federal appeals court upheld the power of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to determine how to craft and enforce workplace safety rules. ..
March construction activity in the U.S. was “essentially unchanged” from February’s numbers, according to a report issued April 21 by McGraw-Hill Construction. ..
The time is right, it seems, to make some noise about creating a safety standard to preserve the hearing of construction workers. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction