Pointing to an unemployment rate – nearly 25 percent – for construction workers that is “unacceptably high,” Vice President Joe Biden on April 19 told some 3,000 delegates to the AFL-CIO’s Building and Construction Trades Department (BCTD) legislative conference: ..
MONROE – One of their largest maintenance outages ever – at one of the largest power plants in the nation – is ongoing at DTE Energy’s Monroe Power Plant Unit 2. ..
In a major win for workers’ safety on the job, a federal appeals court upheld the power of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to determine how to craft and enforce workplace safety rules. ..
March construction activity in the U.S. was “essentially unchanged” from February’s numbers, according to a report issued April 21 by McGraw-Hill Construction. ..
The time is right, it seems, to make some noise about creating a safety standard to preserve the hearing of construction workers. ..
- GOP rebukes Rep. Inman calls for his resignation after extortion charge
- Muskegon County, city, rescind prevailing wage
- 'Right-to-work' term deserves to be wrapped in quotations, journalists' bible says
- Down on the farm: more solar going up?
- There's a real link between suicide and construction
- NMU sees new energy with Northern Center
- News Briefs
- Painters have Mackinac Bridge covered
- GOP lawmaker indicted for alleged bribe over prevailing wage vote in 2018
- Whitmer urges DOL to widen eligibility for worker overtime wages