BATTLE CREEK – Union wage and benefit standards uphold the nation’s middle class. They assure that fair wages keep money re-circulating in the community. And union health care plans allow workers and their families affordable access to nearby doctors and hospitals. ..
Michigan formally became a right-to-work state on March 28. ..
Coming out of the ground this spring in Detroit is the new Wayne County Jail, a $300 million-plus detention facility that’s expected to have beds for 2,100 prisoners. ..
(By Mike Jackson, Executive Director, Michigan Regional Carpenters Council) ..
- GOP rebukes Rep. Inman calls for his resignation after extortion charge
- Muskegon County, city, rescind prevailing wage
- 'Right-to-work' term deserves to be wrapped in quotations, journalists' bible says
- Down on the farm: more solar going up?
- There's a real link between suicide and construction
- NMU sees new energy with Northern Center
- News Briefs
- Painters have Mackinac Bridge covered
- GOP lawmaker indicted for alleged bribe over prevailing wage vote in 2018
- Whitmer urges DOL to widen eligibility for worker overtime wages