BATTLE CREEK – Union wage and benefit standards uphold the nation’s middle class. They assure that fair wages keep money re-circulating in the community. And union health care plans allow workers and their families affordable access to nearby doctors and hospitals. ..
Michigan formally became a right-to-work state on March 28. ..
Coming out of the ground this spring in Detroit is the new Wayne County Jail, a $300 million-plus detention facility that’s expected to have beds for 2,100 prisoners. ..
(By Mike Jackson, Executive Director, Michigan Regional Carpenters Council) ..
- He said, she said... Labor Day brings out the differences between Whitmer, Schuette
- 'Undo and screw' GOP shenanigans strip wage, sick leave proposals from Nov. 6 ballot
- 125 years - Plumbers 98 celebrates milestone
- Healthy construction industry has few worries
- Prevailing wage repeal law should be tossed, group argues
- No straight-ticket voting on Nov. 6 ballot
- Iron worker leads 'raising gang' for veterans memorial wall
- News Briefs
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center