BATTLE CREEK – Union wage and benefit standards uphold the nation’s middle class. They assure that fair wages keep money re-circulating in the community. And union health care plans allow workers and their families affordable access to nearby doctors and hospitals. ..
Michigan formally became a right-to-work state on March 28. ..
Coming out of the ground this spring in Detroit is the new Wayne County Jail, a $300 million-plus detention facility that’s expected to have beds for 2,100 prisoners. ..
(By Mike Jackson, Executive Director, Michigan Regional Carpenters Council) ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin