BATTLE CREEK – Union wage and benefit standards uphold the nation’s middle class. They assure that fair wages keep money re-circulating in the community. And union health care plans allow workers and their families affordable access to nearby doctors and hospitals. ..
Michigan formally became a right-to-work state on March 28. ..
Coming out of the ground this spring in Detroit is the new Wayne County Jail, a $300 million-plus detention facility that’s expected to have beds for 2,100 prisoners. ..
(By Mike Jackson, Executive Director, Michigan Regional Carpenters Council) ..
- Trump's NLRB again widens independent contractor rule
- State attorney general to review petition gathering restrictions
- WCCCD, trades, build space to play, learn and workout
- U.S. construction cost hikes are worrisome
- Persistent malaise vexes U.S. union membership
- News Briefs
- Lawsuit to reset prevailing wage law on hold in courts
- Fresh start for state governor, lawmakers, hopefully labor, too
- Last wintertime auto show bittersweet for display builders
- Unlikely RTW repeal measures introduced