Statewide, Michigan enjoyed a nice jump in construction employment over the course of the past year, rising 6 percent between December 2013 and December 2014. With a rise of 7,200 jobs to 134,400 total jobs during that time, we were ranked No. 17 among the states by the Associated General Contractors in new construction hiring. ..
The nation’s building industry may be primed for a breakout year in 2015, with 80 percent of construction contractors planning to expand their payrolls. ..
- Pelosi, building trades seek compromise on green construction that won't kill jobs
- Supreme Court sustains legal option for falsely accused jobless claimants
- Union contracts supercede medical/sick leave, comp time laws
- U.S. construction moves past rough patch
- Trades succeeding at EMU Success Center
- News Briefs
- ABC training remains consistent: They've been a constant failure
- EMU's Sill Hall ready for a reno
- 'We are going to build the tunnel' Maybe not Whitmer, Nessel slam brakes on Line 5 tunnel
- Proposed overtime pay rule has Chamber's fingerprints all over it