As much as we hate to acknowledge that Labor Day is just around the corner - the traditional end of summer will be here before we know it. ..
Heat stroke doesn't just strike football players, but the recent death of Minnesota Vikings Pro-Bowler Korey Stringer, calls national attention to an age-old problem: heat exhaustion and heat stroke. ..
The $350 million Compuware Headquarters building, which will reshape the heart of Detroit, is shaping up nicely, thanks to the work of the building trades and general contractor Walbridge-Aldinger. ..
Joe Herro had a busy month in July, and it wasn't because the iron worker had a lot of work at his craft. ..
When it came to repairing the leaky turret atop the 22-story Detroit Towers condominium complex, gaining access was the key to the project. ..
Everyone who has ever worn a hard hat has worked on a project that, for our inability to use a stronger term, was "screwed up." ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin