LANSING - With a Democratic governor and a Democratic majority in the state House of Representatives, a right-to-work law wouldn't have a chance of passage these days in Michigan - right? ..
By Jim Marcinkowski ..
'My heart is with the Mighty Mac' - Old-time Hardhats have their say during 50th anniversary celebration
ST IGNACE - They came to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Mackinac Bridge, which in 1957 finally united Michigan's two peninsulas after four years of construction and decades of frustration over having to deal with ferry boats that were the only link between the north and the south. ..
ST. IGNACE -Five days after the bronze iron worker statue she created was unveiled at the July 28 Mackinac Bridge 50th anniversary celebration, sculptor Janice Trimpe said she was still elated with how her work turned out and the reaction it received. ..
LANSING - The Ingham Regional Medical Center (IRMC) unveiled its $53 million Chi Heart & Surgery Center with a ribbon-cutting ceremony and open house on Sunday, July 12 - a job performed using union construction. ..
We don't know where the summer went, either - but as the end of August starts to loom, it's time to start thinking about Labor Day. ..
- Union approval rating rises: best since 2003
- DTE Energy breaks ground on $1B Blue Water Energy Center
- Got milk? At Prairie Farms, it will be 'ultra' cold and long-lasting
- Producing national champs is getting routine for Local 169
- The union advantage elevates safety, too
- News Briefs
- Holiday events and activities mark Labor's day in Michigan
- Governor's race is labor's best chance to have impact again
- Beaumont, trades bring new vitality to former Botsford campus
- We must support candidates who will stand up for working men and women