LANSING - With a Democratic governor and a Democratic majority in the state House of Representatives, a right-to-work law wouldn't have a chance of passage these days in Michigan - right? ..
By Jim Marcinkowski ..
'My heart is with the Mighty Mac' - Old-time Hardhats have their say during 50th anniversary celebration
ST IGNACE - They came to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Mackinac Bridge, which in 1957 finally united Michigan's two peninsulas after four years of construction and decades of frustration over having to deal with ferry boats that were the only link between the north and the south. ..
ST. IGNACE -Five days after the bronze iron worker statue she created was unveiled at the July 28 Mackinac Bridge 50th anniversary celebration, sculptor Janice Trimpe said she was still elated with how her work turned out and the reaction it received. ..
LANSING - The Ingham Regional Medical Center (IRMC) unveiled its $53 million Chi Heart & Surgery Center with a ribbon-cutting ceremony and open house on Sunday, July 12 - a job performed using union construction. ..
We don't know where the summer went, either - but as the end of August starts to loom, it's time to start thinking about Labor Day. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction