LANSING - With a Democratic governor and a Democratic majority in the state House of Representatives, a right-to-work law wouldn't have a chance of passage these days in Michigan - right? ..
By Jim Marcinkowski ..
'My heart is with the Mighty Mac' - Old-time Hardhats have their say during 50th anniversary celebration
ST IGNACE - They came to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Mackinac Bridge, which in 1957 finally united Michigan's two peninsulas after four years of construction and decades of frustration over having to deal with ferry boats that were the only link between the north and the south. ..
ST. IGNACE -Five days after the bronze iron worker statue she created was unveiled at the July 28 Mackinac Bridge 50th anniversary celebration, sculptor Janice Trimpe said she was still elated with how her work turned out and the reaction it received. ..
LANSING - The Ingham Regional Medical Center (IRMC) unveiled its $53 million Chi Heart & Surgery Center with a ribbon-cutting ceremony and open house on Sunday, July 12 - a job performed using union construction. ..
We don't know where the summer went, either - but as the end of August starts to loom, it's time to start thinking about Labor Day. ..
- Trump's NLRB again widens independent contractor rule
- State attorney general to review petition gathering restrictions
- WCCCD, trades, build space to play, learn and workout
- U.S. construction cost hikes are worrisome
- Persistent malaise vexes U.S. union membership
- News Briefs
- Lawsuit to reset prevailing wage law on hold in courts
- Fresh start for state governor, lawmakers, hopefully labor, too
- Last wintertime auto show bittersweet for display builders
- Unlikely RTW repeal measures introduced