YPSILANTI - The 50-year anniversary of the week-long United Association of Plumbers, Pipe Fitters and Sprinkler Fitters Instructor Program coincided with another major milestone: the dedication of the UA's new Regional Training Facility. ..
Union members across Michigan are urged to make plans to attend Labor Day celebrations on Monday, Sept. 1. ..
The approach of Labor Day - a holiday that celebrates the contributions of the American worker - offers us the opportunity to take a quick look back at the founding of the cornerstone of the largest union organization in the U.S., the American Federation Labor - Council of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO). ..
Union groups showed they were all aboard a $400 million plan to convert an existing pair of railway tunnels under the Detroit River to hold truck traffic, while building a new tunnel to carry rail traffic. ..
The AFL-CIO has decided to "indefinitely" delay punitive action against the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners (UBC), which stopped paying dues to the labor federation in 2001. ..
By and large, Hardhats are highly skeptical of claims that there are, or will be, shortages of construction workers. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction