YPSILANTI - The 50-year anniversary of the week-long United Association of Plumbers, Pipe Fitters and Sprinkler Fitters Instructor Program coincided with another major milestone: the dedication of the UA's new Regional Training Facility. ..
Union members across Michigan are urged to make plans to attend Labor Day celebrations on Monday, Sept. 1. ..
The approach of Labor Day - a holiday that celebrates the contributions of the American worker - offers us the opportunity to take a quick look back at the founding of the cornerstone of the largest union organization in the U.S., the American Federation Labor - Council of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO). ..
Union groups showed they were all aboard a $400 million plan to convert an existing pair of railway tunnels under the Detroit River to hold truck traffic, while building a new tunnel to carry rail traffic. ..
The AFL-CIO has decided to "indefinitely" delay punitive action against the United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners (UBC), which stopped paying dues to the labor federation in 2001. ..
By and large, Hardhats are highly skeptical of claims that there are, or will be, shortages of construction workers. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin