DETROIT – Doing things the right way and consistently giving the customer what he wants is slowly starting to pay off for building trades unions and their contractors. ..
DETROIT – Historically, there have been disagreements, schisms and some bad breakups among unions and federations in the U.S. labor movement. ..
ROCHESTER – Currently under construction at Oakland University, a new Engineering Center will create a modern educational environment for students and staff, while the placement of the building itself is part of a plan to help create a denser central campus. ..
Michigan’s right-to-work law does apply to about 30,000 state employees, according to a state Court of Appeals ruling released Aug. 15. ..
Communities around Michigan have embraced the original intent of Labor Day as more than a holiday that marks the end of summer. In that spirit, Labor Day events are scheduled around Michigan on Monday, Sept. 2. Make plans to celebrate Labor’s Day in your area. ..
This is reprinted from earlier this year, in an effort to help new jobless workers. ..
- Legislature, Snyder OK new Straits pipeline tunnel
- Year-end legislative action: could have been worse for workers
- At home, on campus: New apartments meet a growing need at Wayne State
- BLS: fatal job injuries declined by 1% in 2017
- Scarcity of qualified workers may hinder construction
- News Briefs
- State closer to approving $500M Line 5 utility tunnel at Straits
- What's up in Foxtown: new building, old theatre put trades to work
- Jobs incline is old but good, U-M outlook says
- 'New NAFTA' gets measured, good reviews from labor reserved