DETROIT – Doing things the right way and consistently giving the customer what he wants is slowly starting to pay off for building trades unions and their contractors. ..
DETROIT – Historically, there have been disagreements, schisms and some bad breakups among unions and federations in the U.S. labor movement. ..
ROCHESTER – Currently under construction at Oakland University, a new Engineering Center will create a modern educational environment for students and staff, while the placement of the building itself is part of a plan to help create a denser central campus. ..
Michigan’s right-to-work law does apply to about 30,000 state employees, according to a state Court of Appeals ruling released Aug. 15. ..
Communities around Michigan have embraced the original intent of Labor Day as more than a holiday that marks the end of summer. In that spirit, Labor Day events are scheduled around Michigan on Monday, Sept. 2. Make plans to celebrate Labor’s Day in your area. ..
This is reprinted from earlier this year, in an effort to help new jobless workers. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction