DETROIT – Doing things the right way and consistently giving the customer what he wants is slowly starting to pay off for building trades unions and their contractors. ..
DETROIT – Historically, there have been disagreements, schisms and some bad breakups among unions and federations in the U.S. labor movement. ..
ROCHESTER – Currently under construction at Oakland University, a new Engineering Center will create a modern educational environment for students and staff, while the placement of the building itself is part of a plan to help create a denser central campus. ..
Michigan’s right-to-work law does apply to about 30,000 state employees, according to a state Court of Appeals ruling released Aug. 15. ..
Communities around Michigan have embraced the original intent of Labor Day as more than a holiday that marks the end of summer. In that spirit, Labor Day events are scheduled around Michigan on Monday, Sept. 2. Make plans to celebrate Labor’s Day in your area. ..
This is reprinted from earlier this year, in an effort to help new jobless workers. ..
- Pelosi, building trades seek compromise on green construction that won't kill jobs
- Supreme Court sustains legal option for falsely accused jobless claimants
- Union contracts supercede medical/sick leave, comp time laws
- U.S. construction moves past rough patch
- Trades succeeding at EMU Success Center
- News Briefs
- ABC training remains consistent: They've been a constant failure
- EMU's Sill Hall ready for a reno
- 'We are going to build the tunnel' Maybe not Whitmer, Nessel slam brakes on Line 5 tunnel
- Proposed overtime pay rule has Chamber's fingerprints all over it