DETROIT – Doing things the right way and consistently giving the customer what he wants is slowly starting to pay off for building trades unions and their contractors. ..
DETROIT – Historically, there have been disagreements, schisms and some bad breakups among unions and federations in the U.S. labor movement. ..
ROCHESTER – Currently under construction at Oakland University, a new Engineering Center will create a modern educational environment for students and staff, while the placement of the building itself is part of a plan to help create a denser central campus. ..
Michigan’s right-to-work law does apply to about 30,000 state employees, according to a state Court of Appeals ruling released Aug. 15. ..
Communities around Michigan have embraced the original intent of Labor Day as more than a holiday that marks the end of summer. In that spirit, Labor Day events are scheduled around Michigan on Monday, Sept. 2. Make plans to celebrate Labor’s Day in your area. ..
This is reprinted from earlier this year, in an effort to help new jobless workers. ..
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades
- News Briefs
- Advocates urge expansion of OT pay rule
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?