The WEC Energy Group announced Aug. 15 that it plans to construct, own and operate 170 megawatts of new natural gas generating capacity across two sites in the Upper Peninsula. Pending regulatory approvals, the proposed facilities are expected to commence operation in 2019. ..
Like it or not, the days getting shorter and the Back to School sales at retailers are in full swing. And that can only mean one thing: Labor Day, and the unofficial end of summer, are right around the corner. ..
A successful lower court challenge this month that is temporarily blocking West Virginia's newly minted right-to-work law is giving new hope to labor unions in Michigan and elsewhere that higher courts - perhaps the U.S. Supreme Court - will eventually find the basic premise of the RTW law is unconstitutional. ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction