The WEC Energy Group announced Aug. 15 that it plans to construct, own and operate 170 megawatts of new natural gas generating capacity across two sites in the Upper Peninsula. Pending regulatory approvals, the proposed facilities are expected to commence operation in 2019. ..
Like it or not, the days getting shorter and the Back to School sales at retailers are in full swing. And that can only mean one thing: Labor Day, and the unofficial end of summer, are right around the corner. ..
A successful lower court challenge this month that is temporarily blocking West Virginia's newly minted right-to-work law is giving new hope to labor unions in Michigan and elsewhere that higher courts - perhaps the U.S. Supreme Court - will eventually find the basic premise of the RTW law is unconstitutional. ..
- Trump's NLRB again widens independent contractor rule
- State attorney general to review petition gathering restrictions
- WCCCD, trades, build space to play, learn and workout
- U.S. construction cost hikes are worrisome
- Persistent malaise vexes U.S. union membership
- News Briefs
- Lawsuit to reset prevailing wage law on hold in courts
- Fresh start for state governor, lawmakers, hopefully labor, too
- Last wintertime auto show bittersweet for display builders
- Unlikely RTW repeal measures introduced