The WEC Energy Group announced Aug. 15 that it plans to construct, own and operate 170 megawatts of new natural gas generating capacity across two sites in the Upper Peninsula. Pending regulatory approvals, the proposed facilities are expected to commence operation in 2019. ..
Like it or not, the days getting shorter and the Back to School sales at retailers are in full swing. And that can only mean one thing: Labor Day, and the unofficial end of summer, are right around the corner. ..
A successful lower court challenge this month that is temporarily blocking West Virginia's newly minted right-to-work law is giving new hope to labor unions in Michigan and elsewhere that higher courts - perhaps the U.S. Supreme Court - will eventually find the basic premise of the RTW law is unconstitutional. ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin