The WEC Energy Group announced Aug. 15 that it plans to construct, own and operate 170 megawatts of new natural gas generating capacity across two sites in the Upper Peninsula. Pending regulatory approvals, the proposed facilities are expected to commence operation in 2019. ..
Like it or not, the days getting shorter and the Back to School sales at retailers are in full swing. And that can only mean one thing: Labor Day, and the unofficial end of summer, are right around the corner. ..
A successful lower court challenge this month that is temporarily blocking West Virginia's newly minted right-to-work law is giving new hope to labor unions in Michigan and elsewhere that higher courts - perhaps the U.S. Supreme Court - will eventually find the basic premise of the RTW law is unconstitutional. ..
- GOP rebukes Rep. Inman calls for his resignation after extortion charge
- Muskegon County, city, rescind prevailing wage
- 'Right-to-work' term deserves to be wrapped in quotations, journalists' bible says
- Down on the farm: more solar going up?
- There's a real link between suicide and construction
- NMU sees new energy with Northern Center
- News Briefs
- Painters have Mackinac Bridge covered
- GOP lawmaker indicted for alleged bribe over prevailing wage vote in 2018
- Whitmer urges DOL to widen eligibility for worker overtime wages