That whooshing noise you may have heard was the sound of Summer 2009 rushing past, and now Labor Day is right around the corner. ..
ST. IGNACE – A much-needed, modern health care facility is on the way to this city, in the form of the new $37.2 million Mackinac Straits Hospital. ..
ANN ARBOR – Twenty years ago, the week-long United Association Instructor Training Program was loaded up and moved from Purdue University to Washtenaw Community College. ..
Keys to northern work prospects: paper, power and pulp…Paper maker wants the economy to turn the page
SAULT STE. MARIE – Low advertising revenues are forcing newspapers across the nation to go out of business, and magazines and other publications are similarly hard hit by high costs of printing and mailing their product. ..
SAULT STE. MARIE – Construction of corn-fed ethanol plants were all the rage a few years ago in the drive to diversify the nation’s energy producing capabilities. ..
SAULT STE. MARIE – So, you wanna build a $1.2 billion power plant? ..
- Janus decision: GOP-named Supreme Court majority imposes right to work on public sector unions
- Dems unveil legislation to make it easier for public workers to organize
- New life, new purpose for Michigan Central Station
- ImPRESSive: Particleboard plant rises in Grayling
- New lock at the Soo takes a step forward
- News Briefs
- Some fight left in the battle to sustain Michigan's prevailing wage
- Our ability to win these battles starts at the ballot box
- Trades' solid work transforms Eastern Michigan's Strong Hall
- Utilities push state's coal plants toward extinction