That whooshing noise you may have heard was the sound of Summer 2009 rushing past, and now Labor Day is right around the corner. ..
ST. IGNACE – A much-needed, modern health care facility is on the way to this city, in the form of the new $37.2 million Mackinac Straits Hospital. ..
ANN ARBOR – Twenty years ago, the week-long United Association Instructor Training Program was loaded up and moved from Purdue University to Washtenaw Community College. ..
Keys to northern work prospects: paper, power and pulp…Paper maker wants the economy to turn the page
SAULT STE. MARIE – Low advertising revenues are forcing newspapers across the nation to go out of business, and magazines and other publications are similarly hard hit by high costs of printing and mailing their product. ..
SAULT STE. MARIE – Construction of corn-fed ethanol plants were all the rage a few years ago in the drive to diversify the nation’s energy producing capabilities. ..
SAULT STE. MARIE – So, you wanna build a $1.2 billion power plant? ..
- Want prevailing wage back? The process starts with the Nov. 6 ballot
- More power to the people: Pine River wind project winds down
- Now the Hudson's Hole, but a tall order awaits for the trades
- News Briefs
- Advocates urge expansion of OT pay rule
- Union election endorsements seek to bolster helpful candidates
- Many in GOP want to 'make unions go away?' It's hard to argue with the evidence...
- Big, new particleboard plant nears completion in Grayling
- U.S. construction still has vigor
- What's up with sluggish wages increases?