That whooshing noise you may have heard was the sound of Summer 2009 rushing past, and now Labor Day is right around the corner. ..
ST. IGNACE – A much-needed, modern health care facility is on the way to this city, in the form of the new $37.2 million Mackinac Straits Hospital. ..
ANN ARBOR – Twenty years ago, the week-long United Association Instructor Training Program was loaded up and moved from Purdue University to Washtenaw Community College. ..
Keys to northern work prospects: paper, power and pulp…Paper maker wants the economy to turn the page
SAULT STE. MARIE – Low advertising revenues are forcing newspapers across the nation to go out of business, and magazines and other publications are similarly hard hit by high costs of printing and mailing their product. ..
SAULT STE. MARIE – Construction of corn-fed ethanol plants were all the rage a few years ago in the drive to diversify the nation’s energy producing capabilities. ..
SAULT STE. MARIE – So, you wanna build a $1.2 billion power plant? ..
- Prevailing wage repeal action suspended by Supreme Court
- Bipartisan U.S. House again says 'no' to dumping wage law
- State pipe trades apprentices reach for the top of their trade
- Insulators wrap up regional skills match
- Help 'set the table' at Marine memorial site
- No class: mandatory arbitration poised to become go-to method of settling work disputes
- News Briefs
- State board declines to OK prevailing wage repeal petitions
- Trades need to corral assets, keep high standards, and push for infrastructure now, NABTU chief says
- Crapo Building's old beauty bared behind Modern aluminum skin